Contrave for Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW), Plano & more!
If you live in the greater DFW (Dallas / Fort Worth) area and are interested in medical weight loss with the help of Contrave, contact Skintastic today to learn more.
Made by Orexigen, Contrave (Bupropion/Naltrexone) is an experimental treatment for obesity currently in phase III clinical trials and is expected to gain FDA approval soon. Once approved, Skintastic (with offices in Plano and Dallas) will begin offering Contrave immediately.
Contrave can change the treatment options for obesity by:
- Reducing appetite and increasing metabolism - thereby initiating weight loss
- Sustaining continued weight loss by offsetting the body's natural tendency to fight back and slow down the weight loss process
- Curbing the brain's reward system and reducing food cravings
Contrave is a combination of two well-established drugs, naltrexone and bupropion, in a sustained release formulation (SR). Both drugs have individually shown some evidence of effectiveness in weight loss, and the combination is expected to have a synergistic effect.
- The active ingredients of Contrave have been used for over 20 years.
- Bupropion (also known as Wellbutrin) is a widely-prescribed antidepressant and smoking cessation medication
- Naltrexone (also known as Vivitrol) is a treatment for alcohol and opioid addiction.
- Research shows that Bupropion helps initiate weight loss while Naltrexone can sustain weight loss by preventing the body's natural tendency to counteract efforts to lose weight.
Current studies of almost 700 patients, 90% female, ran up to 56 weeks. The Control group overall lost 5% of weight, or 11-16 lbs while the Medicated group lost 20-23 lbs in the same timeframe.